I know I haven’t been on here for the last few weeks. First my birthday happened and then I got sick (which I’m still recovering from).
Anyways, I finally have writing inspiration – peanut butter and smoothies! What a great combination! Yesterday I was really in the mood for PB, but I didn’t want a sandwich. Then I thought about making a smoothie. I had some fruit in the house that I could use up. So it seemed like a wonderful idea – after all, I really love smoothies!
In my search I came across a Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie recipe on Yummly. I did make a few additions to it, but let me tell you, this was delicious! It’s my new favourite smoothie recipe and I will definitely make it again!
Here’s how I did it:
- 4 ice cubes (I added this to the recipe. Though maybe 2-3 would have been enough).
- I cup vanilla yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk instead of cow’s milk.)
- 2 cups of mixed berries (I used some frozen and fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Honey (a little for taste)
- Using a blender, first crush the ice.
- Add the other ingredients and blend, (on a medium setting), until thoroughly mixed and smoothe.
- Serve immediately
- Makes about 1.5-2 servings
Do you like smoothies? If you try this one, let me know what you think! What are your favourite smoothie recipes?